Why Project Management?
Successful companies know they need strong project managers to turn their ideas into reality. Acquire the skills and experience necessary to succeed in the project management field by learning to lead and deliver projects on time, on budget, and according to project specifications with the 100%-online Bachelor of Science in Project Management degree.
With the modernization and digitization of the business world, the need for project managers who can lead and manage us through this change is growing rapidly. According to the Project Management Institute (PMI), there will be a demand to fill 22 million new project management-oriented jobs over the next decade.
Our innovative, 100% online Bachelor of Science in Project Management program will help you gain the skills and experience you need to work successfully as a project manager in any company or industry. This program offers you just the right mix of employer-demanded technical, leadership, strategic, and business management skills to ensure that you’ll be able to deliver as much value as possible as a project manager. You’ll learn techniques and tools for managing complex, long- and short-term projects, successfully and cost-effectively including how to:
- Lead a project team
- Communicate across an organization
- Reduce risk and increase quality
- Lead using an agile approach
- Help your company successfully innovate
You’ll also gain real-world experience through dynamic experiential learning opportunities within each course and beyond the classroom, where you can work on real-world, virtual projects for leading companies. The program's flexible electives are aligned to industry-specific areas, enabling you to broaden and perfect your knowledge in multiple disciplines and capacities within the project management profession.
- The 100% online format provides all the flexibility you need, where you can study when and where it’s convenient for you.
- You can participate in real-world, hands-on learning projects to ensure you get the experience that puts you in demand with employers.
- You’ll learn from faculty experts who have extensive real-world experience and who will ensure you get the practical skills that will help you advance your career.
What you'll study
All undergraduate students are required to complete the University-Wide Requirements.
All undergraduate students are required to complete the NUpath Requirements.
Foundation Courses (66 s.h.)
Major Courses (21 s.h.)
Professional Electives (12 s.h.)
Complete four of the following:
Suggested Industry-Specific Electives
Information Technology (Database)
Capstone (3 s.h.)
Electives (18 s.h.)
Complete a minimum of 18 semester hours to reach 120 semester hours